Assigning tags and attributes to your items is a great way to organize and clarify your stuff. Here’s how:
Assign tags and attributes
Using the web app, you can edit items from within a list by right-clicking on an item (or multiple lassoed items), then clicking the drop-down icon at the right end of the item(s). From the context menu, you can select or unselect a tag, or add/change/remove an attribute.
If you’re creating or editing an item you can:
- Add a tag by typing within the tags field . You’ll see a list of matching tags and have the option to create a new tag. You can also click the drop-down icon at the end of the item entry and select the tag you’d like to add.
- Remove a tag by clicking the x in its corner from within the tags field. Backspace to delete the last tag in the field.
- Select your time , energy , or due date by clicking the icons on the right side of the panel. Click the icon again to change the attribute.
Using the mobile app, tap the to create an item, or tap an item to edit it. Next:
- Add a tag by tapping the tags field . Select one from the list or begin typing to see a list of matching tags, while also havomg the option to create a new area, contact, or label.
- Remove a tag from an item by tapping the tags field, followed by the tag. Backspace to delete the last tag in the field.
- Set your due date , energy , and time required by selecting the appropriate icon and tapping your selection, followed by OK.
- If you want to change an attribute, just tap the icon and select your new choice.
- To remove an attribute completely, tap the X at the end of the appropriate line.
Good to know: Reference items and project actions inherit the tags of the project or reference list itself. You can add tags and attributes to project actions or reference items individually. However, if you want to delete an inherited tag from the item, you’ll need to remove it from the project or reference list itself.